Can/Am Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of payment solutions for local and state government, has announced that Chesterfield County, Virginia will implement Teller Government Cashiering.
The County’s Teller implementation will integrate in real-time with Workday for financial management, accounts receivable, and customer web payments. Teller will also support Check Scanning and Image Cash Letter processing.
For more than 20 years, Can/Am Technologies has helped government clients across North America to enhance their financial processes with the Teller suite of solutions. The configurable technology can grow with the needs of clients to make payments easier for their customers, and to support government staff with streamlined revenue collection and management. Chesterfield County joins a growing number of Teller clients in the Southern United States, including Amarillo, TX, Cary, NC, Columbia, SC, Dothan, AL, Johnson City, TN, and Miami, FL.
- Real-time integrations with Workday Financial Management and Accounts Receivable
- Check Scanning
- Image Cash Letter to bank
- Teller online customer payment portal
Chesterfield County is located just south of Richmond in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The county’s borders are primarily defined by the James River to the north and the Appomattox River to the south. Its county seat is Chesterfield Court House. Chesterfield County was formed in 1749 from parts of Henrico County.
WHY THEY CHOSE TELLER
- Designed for local government
- Comprehensive solution that integrates with existing city software and systems of record
- Easy setup and configuration to grow with the county’s needs
- Comprehensive reporting
- Trusted by peer cities and counties
To learn more, contact:
Jim Blair, Director of Sales
firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-717-1132